The Museum 2011. Building Identity: The Making of National Museums and Identity Politics, 16-18 November 2011, Taipei, Taiwan
Papers for this conference are solicited on history and theory, empirical research, or reflections on museums in practice as related to national museums and identity politics from academics in a variety of fields. The conference organisers are inviting proposals from delegates wishing to present 30-minute papers, or 90-minute colloquium sessions.
– Museums, nationalism and national identity
– Museum history and historiography
– Architecture and the construction of place and identity
– The re-making of National Museums
– Museum management and marketing
– Audience research and the roles of national museums
All those interested in presenting papers at the conference are requested to submit an abstract in English of their proposed paper by 15 March, 2011 by email attachment (the document should be made with Word 97-2003 compatible application) to Dr Yung-Neng Lin (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).